Gluten free Protein Muffin
Gluten free protein muffin
- 1 cup greek yogourt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup protein powder (vanilla)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 to 2 cup of raspberries
1. Pre-heat the oven at 375 degee (Celsius);
2. In a medium bowl, mix liquid ingredients (1 cup greek yogourt, ¼ cup milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/3 cup honey);
3. Add dry ingredients (1 cup oat, ¾ cup protein powder, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp salt);
4. Mix everything together (sticky and uniform mixture);
5. Fold gently the raspberries into the mix;
6. Split the mixture equally between the muffin cups (don’t forget to oil the tray);
7. Bake between 14 to 17 minutes or until the outside is lightly golden or until the center is well cooked (test with a fork or a stick); and
8. Rest for at least 5 minutes and enjoy.
Gluten free – Ensure that the oat and protein powder that you are using are gluten free.
Dairy free – use dairy free (vegan) yogourt (I did mine with coconut yogourt) and dairy free milk (oat, almond, soy, etc).
Vegan – Use a banana instead of the egg and maple syrop/agave instead of honey.
Raspeberries can be replaced by blueberries, chocolate chip, or any other fruits of your liking. You could also add some nuts and seeds for more healthy fat – pecans, hazelnuts, chia seeds, hemp seeeds, etc.
I personnaly did this recipe many times while switching up the version to find the perfect balance and respect nutritional restrictions. The first receipe is is without a doubt the best one – muffins taste like a treat without being one. They taste grandma like.
The one I made this morning was the gluten free and dairy free version to respect the nutrition guide from Arbonne low inflammatory ingredients (30 days of healthy living). I used their vegan vanilla protein powder and it was so tasty. I used vanilla coconut yogourt with no added suguar – it was delicious.
Try it and please let me know how you like them !!! For me, it satisfy my sweet toothg while nourishing my body. Perfect for breakfast and/or snack.